· And what did you do today on your lunch break? Zooey Deschanel was gifted with a key to the City of Los Angeles, a deserved reward for introducing audiences worldwide to two of the city's least appreciated hallmarks: beautiful downtown architecture (via 500 Days of Summer) and insufferable hipster vegan posses (via Top Chef Masters).
· "I feel [NBC] should take down their American flag and put up a white one," Rescue Me showrunner Peter Tolan said at the TCAs today, when asked about the network's upcoming Jay Leno Show. "They've clearly given up -- 'We can't find anything that's going to get any traction so we quit.'"
· Also at the TCAs today: Wanda Sykes said she wouldn't have gone ahead with her Fox talk show were it not for Barack Obama. Socialism?
· Meet the new family moving into Desperate Housewives this season: the Bolens, played by Jeffrey Nordling and Drea de Matteo. That show definitely needs more main characters!
· Jason Schwartzman has joined the cast of Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World in Toronto, where he plans to teach a delinquent Michael Cera a little something about shuh-shuh-shuh-Shakespeare.
· According to his autopsy, Billy Mays was a frequent cocaine user. Yes, his autopsy is the first of many things that explains.