The One-Page Screenplay: John Hlavin's Revelations
After a short hiatus, we're extremely pleased to announce the return of Movieline's One-Page Screenplay. Did you miss it? Of course you did. In today's auteur-centric cinematic environment -- where films regularly run into a third, completely unnecessary hour -- isn't it something of a relief to find a lean, satisfying story you can enjoy in under a minute, leaving you a bonus of 149 to use as you see fit? Say, getting drunk?
Today's One-Pager comes from John Hlavin, a veteran on FX's The Shield who recently sold his first feature script to Warner Bros: The Gunslinger, a revenge-driven action picture about an ex-Texas Ranger hunting for the men who killed his brother. Today, John tries his hand at something a little lighter, with a Rapturous romcom called Revelations.
The Official Bio:
John Hlavin has worked in television for five years, most notably on THE SHIELD. He recently sold his first feature, THE GUNSLINGER to Warner Bros.
The One-Page Screenplay:
Previous One-Page Screenplays:
· TS Faull's THROAT BABIES
· Greg Marcks's Suicidal at McD's
· Craig Mazin's That Explains That
· Michael France's Tips on Suicide Notes
· Peter Chiarelli's The Problem with Hot Coffee
· Carl Gottlieb's Polaris Bears
· Diablo Cody's Father Approved
· Jeff Lowell's The Socialite And The Guy With The Real Job
· Michael Brandt & Derek Haas's Messy Life
· John Turman's BFF
· Rian Johnson's The Plains of Rothinian
· The Robotard 8000's Attempt #3