The One-Page Screenplay: Craig Mazin's That Explains That
This week's One-Page Screenplay comes to us from the fertile mind of Craig Mazin, the screenwriter of Scary Movie 3 and Scary Movie 4. Now strap yourselves in for all the sex, '80s rock covers, and spectacular sci-fi destruction you can handle, right there on That Explains That's first and only page!
The Official Bio:
Craig Mazin is the cowriter of the hit comedies Scary Movie 3 and 4. He has written in a variety of film genres, including screen adaptations of Philip K. Dick's The Short Happy Life of the Brown Oxford and the classic Broadway play Harvey, both for Miramax Films. Currently, he is writing an action-comedy for producer Jerry Bruckheimer, a family adventure for 20th Century Fox and a book adaptation for director Scott Frank and Mandate Pictures.
Craig served on the Writers Guild of America, west Board of Directors from 2004-2006, and he runs The Artful Writer--a website for professional and aspiring screenwriters.
The One-Page Screenplay:
Previous One-Page Screenplays:
· Michael France's Tips on Suicide Notes
· Carl Gottlieb's Polaris Bears
· Diablo Cody's Father Approved
· Jeff Lowell's The Socialite And The Guy With The Real Job
· Michael Brandt & Derek Haas's Messy Life
· John Turman's BFF
· Rian Johnson's The Plains of Rothinian
· The Robotard 8000's Attempt #3