Everything But John Cusack Destroyed in 2012 Trailer
The first full trailer for the Roland Emmerich disaster epic 2012 is online, introduced by the filmmaker himself in a decidedly downmarket, casual-day-at-Sony greeting. And as you yell at the monitor to simply get to the apocalypse, just take a moment to know how good you've got it before the main attraction begins. It's all downhill -- blazingly, floodingly so -- from there.
Generally the purpose of The Two-Minute Verdict is to gauge the success of a trailer's sales pitch, but in the case of an Emmerich punch in the face, we face a far more binary reaction:
· Like John Cusack? You're going.
· Are you in prison? You're not going.
· Easily persuaded by CGI so bad it's good? You're going.
· Allergic to popcorn? You're not going.
· Want to see an aircraft carrier wipe out the White House? You're going.
· Blind and deaf? You're not going.
· Want to see the Earth reduced to nothing but swirling waves and Lloyd Dobler hanging out in a life vest? You're going.
· Recounting ballots in Iran? You're not going.
· Related to the filmmaker? You're going -- incognito, though, and only if he treats you to a pool party afterward.
Who did I miss?
VERDICT: See above.
· 2012 Trailer [Yahoo! Movies]
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="player-52" name="player-52" src="http://www-movieline-com.vimg.net/_/jw/player-licensed-viral.swf" width="486" height="412"
allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="autostart=0&config=http://www-movieline-com.vimg.net/playlists/config.xml&playlist=none&provider=rtmp&streamer=rtmp://streaming.movieline.com/ondemand/video/bc-archive/&file=1379067645_26764227001_2012.flv"plugins="acudeojw,gapro,viral-&viral.callout=none&viral.onpause=false&gapro.accountid=UA-1915907-26&gapro.trackstarts=true&gapro.trackpercentage=true&gapro.tracktime=true&acudeojw.progId=4af229940e9cc" />