Palins Turn Willow Into Inexcusable Rape-Joke Punchline
· So now the Palins have responded to David Letterman's sort-of apology / invitation to come on his show, via spokesperson Meg Stapleton: "The Palins have no intention of providing a rating's boost for David Letterman by appearing on his show. Plus, it would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman." Oh. My. God. HOW DARE SARAH PALIN MAKE A JOKE ABOUT LETTERMAN RAPING WILLOW?! We demand a whole new round of apologies, this instant. Stapleton to Palin. Palin to Letterman. Stapleton to Letterman. Everyone to Willow. Let's see ... who did we leave out? Oh yeah: Palin to America, for being such an intolerable hag. [Politico]
· Fox News owns the story of Carrie Prejean's dethroning. Today's goodies: The e-mails between Prejean and Miss USA producer Keith Lewis. Sample: "You do not cooperate with me, and you pick and chose the the things YOU want me to do. That is not happening anymore. Stop speaking for me. I have MY own voice. What are u gonna do fire me for volunteering for the special olympics hahaha ur crazy No I am doing this appearance. You do not need details. Its for the SPECIAL OLYMPICS!!!"
· The fanboy detectives extraordinaire at MovieViral.com noticed a link between the two images released from Iron Man 2. That smudge on the plexiglass is actually a map of Monaco Grand Prix -- where Mickey Rourke makes his first appearance! Or maybe it's just a smudge.
· Adam Lambert's Rolling Stone interview fallout, Part One: Kris Allen says of Adam's crush on him in the Idol barracks: "I'm flattered. And think it's hilarious."
Part Two: David Archuleta says: "I don't think it was a big surprise. I don't think he was trying to be all secretive and sneaky about it...I just kind of assumed it. I think everyone else did too, but I don't think it's a bad thing or anything. He's a really cool guy."
· Have you heard the one about how a St. Louis family became the unwitting models in a Czech supermarket ad? It could have been worse -- they could have ended up on a Guide to Talking to Your Kids About Chastity Bono's Sex Change.
· Katie Holmes to appear on So You Think You Can Make a Mad Dash For It.
· A multi-thousand-word NY Times piece on Brüno's homophobic humor -- unintentionally, intentionally, whatever -- is forthcoming. God, things were so much simpler when we could all just stand on one side of an imaginary line and laugh at Kazakhs together, weren't they?