Sarah Palin Not a Fan of David Letterman's 'Rape Jokes'
Looks like someone's on Team Conan! During last night's Julia Roberts-dominated Late Night, David Letterman made some jokes about Sarah Palin's visit to New York with her 14-year-old daughter, Willow ("They had a wonderful time. The toughest part of her visit was keeping Eliot Spitzer away from her daughter"). This followed a Top 10 List devoted to Palin on Monday, which we'll reprint below, followed by the Palins', uh, incendiary reaction.
10. Visited New York landmarks she normally only sees from Alaska
9. Laughed at all the crazy-looking foreigners entering the U.N.
8. Made moose jerky on Rachael Ray
7. Keyed Tina Fey's car
6. After a wink and a nod, ended up with a kilo of crack
5. Made coat out of New York City rat pelts
4. Sat in for Kelly Ripa. Regis couldn't tell the difference
3. Finally met one of those Jewish people Mel Gibson's always talking about
2. Bought makeup from Bloomingdale's to update her "slutty flight attendant" look
1. Especially enjoyed not appearing on Letterman
Palin took on the "slutty flight attendant" joke while on the air with conservative radio host John Ziegler ("That's pretty pathetic, good ole David Letterman") and Politico has the Palins' response to Letterman targeting Willow:
In an e-mailed statement, the Republican governor said: "Laughter incited by sexually perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/N.Y. entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands - that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others."
Her husband, Todd, added in the same statement that "any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable. Alaskans know it, and I believe the rest of the world knows it, too."
Does John McCain know it?
· Sarah Palin smacks down David Letterman again [Politico]