How The Hangover Came To Be: The Whole Goddamn Story
· Nikki Finke gets to the bottom of how the script to the summer's biggest sleeper -- The Hangover -- came to be. (Spoiler: It involves a drunk producer getting lost in Vegas and getting eaten by Mike Tyson.) [Deadline Hollywood Daily]
· Can someone help me out here: Is Mandy Moore's new album, Amanda Leigh, one of those Britney Spears "If You Seek Amy" dealies? I can't say it without imagining Moe shouting, "I'm looking for Amanda Leigh. Can everyone just quiet down and help me find Amanda Leigh?! Oh...you again. When I find you, I'm gonna chop your head off and paint my house with your brains!!!"
· Swansea University in Wales hosted a Smurf-in, breaking the Guinness World Record for people dressed up as Smurfs gathered in one place. Meanwhile, the world's biggest Gargamel gathering is ongoing; it's at Canter's on Fairfax.
· This just in from the Dept. of Overthinking It: Was the Up bird a symbol of solidarity with LGBT families? Probably not, but the Doberman who sounded like Richard Simmons might be another story.
· "OH Hectorrrrr! Mama Bush is ready for her calamine rubdown! And if you come out here in anything more than the black Speedo I got you for Navidad, you can kiss that gratuity goodbye!"
· Gossip Girl star Kelly Rutherford has given birth to her second child -- a girl -- without informing the dad, Daniel Giersch, whom she's in the process of divorcing. He read the news online, which he was later shocked to learn was 100% true. Luckily, the part about Chace Crawford being enlisted to hold the video camera and coach breathing was just rumor.
· Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired domestic distribution for Laura Gabbert and Justin Schein's documentary, No Impact Man, about the writer in New York who committed a full year to creating as little waste and carbon dioxide output as he possibly could. It debuted at Sundance, and will screen at L.A.F.F. this month. It comes out in theaters September 4th, 2009.