Julia Roberts's Filthy Tom Hanks Roast: The Video!
· Here's the video of Julia Roberts's potty-mouthed prepared statements at Film Society of Lincoln Center's tribute to Tom Hanks last night. Honestly, we thought she managed to keep things more funny than offensive, until the Sleepless in Seattle line about not wanting "to f**k Meg Ryan with Rosie O'Donnell's d**k."
· Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are expecting twin daughters via surrogate mother. That is all. Be happy for them.
· Did you hear that? It was the sound of The Last Funny Swine Flu joke. Every swine flu joke from here on out is no longer funny.
· According to The Independent, the extended title of Brüno is Brüno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt. It was probably just too long to fit all that on the official, tame poster.
· Canada has granted the Toronto Film Festival $3 million Canadian, funds earmarked towards "putting on the best damn movie circus them big shots from the U.S. of A. have e'er seen!"
· Jeff Wells has given Lana Wachowski the once-over, and declared her "passable." He goes on: "To be totally honest, if I saw Lana coming towards me in an airport corridor I'd probably say to myself, 'Wow...no hips. And her feet are too big. And her chest is as flat as a puppy pancake.'"